Creating less waste is our passion. Creating recycling programs that work is our purpose. From equipment to education, we can provide a unique, innovative solution that’s able to change with our client’s needs.
We are fully committed to practicing sustainability in all of our day-to-day operations and are looking for an energetic, creative, and highly motivated CAD Design Technologist who feels the same.
Plus, we offer a compensation structure like no other:
· Competitive salary
· A comprehensive benefits package, including RRSP matching for all full-time employees
· Vacation entitlement starting at 3 weeks for all full-time employees
· Coaching and mentoring opportunities leading to real growth
· An unparalleled working environment and company culture
CAD Design Technologist
Based in Aurora, the CAD Design Technologist prepares 3D models and CAD drawings of new and existing products as well as being responsible for documentation and process improvements. This position requires knowledge of mechanical design using a variety of materials, including metal, wood, and plastic and their respective manufacturing processes.
- Produces 3D models, mechanical designs, and drawings in SolidWorks
- Produces detailed product rendering designs and engineering calculations and takes them to working manufacturing drawings in order to move design projects to production while ensuring compatibility with CNC programs and manufacturing processes
- Assists with prototype development and manages project timelines and schedules to align with completion targets while maintaining strict confidentiality
- Works with sales to ascertain customers’ needs and prepare renderings, approval drawings, and specifications required to prepare proposals/estimates
- Works closely with supplier partners for tools (vendor selection and tool/jig design), part design (repeatability of parts to print), and design related vendor corrective action
- Analyze costs of production and materials and provides costing information to Operations team to ensure that project needs are met in terms of project work plan schedules and budgets
- Organizes and maintains hard copy design files and 3D-CAD digital file databases for all projects
- Post-secondary diploma in a related discipline focusing on Mechanical Design using 3D software
- Previous experience in a similar role; experience in a make-to-order manufacturing environment is considered an asset
- Proficient with 3D modeling in Solidworks
- Knowledge of BOM creation, process costing, CAD library maintenance, make-to-order business processes as well as Project Management software
- Able to work cohesively with employees, suppliers, and managers as part of a team
- Able to cultivate an environment of continuous learning and creativity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal & written) skills
We thank you for your interest in our position! We are committed to providing equal opportunities for persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available at all stages of the recruitment process, at the candidate’s request.