Currently, we are looking for an experienced, team orientated individual to fill the position of CNC Programmer/Operator. We offer competitive compensation and benefits with an opportunity for advancement in both skills and knowledge in a flexible manufacturing environment.
Based in Aurora and reporting to the Production Supervisor, the CNC Programmer/Operator will be responsible for the precise programming and operation of the CNC machines in order to produce CleanRiver’s products.
- Operates various CNC machines (Homag)
- Calls and inputs programs, unpacks and sets up raw materials, loads and unloads parts
- Sets up, labels, and stages jobs based on production schedule. Organizes daily workload according to order status
- Assists Production Supervisor in coordinating workflow
- Responsible for MasterCam programing and library management
- Maintains an efficient, current file and record management system both for MasterCam files and project correspondence
- Sets and adjusts tool offsets on machines
- Corrects machine errors and troubleshoots as necessary; contacts technical support as required
- Cleans and performs regular maintenance on machines, pumps, and surrounding area including removing cut parts and waste, cleaning chips, and emptying and fixing dust collector bags, etc.
- Operates the forklift to prepare and change skids for machines
The successful candidate must demonstrate the following:
- High school diploma or vocational equivalent, CAD/CAM Certificate desirable
- A minimum of 3 years hands-on experience programming and operating a (Homag) CNC router
- MasterCam X6, X9 and/or latest version programming experience
- Working knowledge of production processes using a variety of materials that may include high density poly-ethylene (Plastics), steel, stainless steel, aluminum and wood
- Supervisory or team lead experience in a production setting consider an asset
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure with simultaneous deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal & written)
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Forklift Operator Certificate desirable
At CleanRiver you are not just another employee number; you are treated as an individual and a valued team member. If joining a close knit team in a company that offers competitive salaries and benefits as well as company social functions appeals to you, then please submit your resume below.
We thank you for your interest in our position! We are committed to providing equal opportunities for persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available at all stages of the recruitment process, at the candidate’s request.