Creating less waste is our passion. Creating recycling programs that work is our purpose. From equipment to education, we can provide a unique, innovative solution that’s able to change with our client’s needs.
We are fully committed to practicing sustainability in all of our day-to-day operations and providing our clients with the highest quality custom products. We are currently looking for a highly motivated and technically sound Engineering Manager who feels the same.
Plus, we offer a compensation structure like no other:
- Competitive salary
- A comprehensive benefits package including RRSP contribution matching
- Coaching and mentoring opportunities leading to real growth
- An unparalleled working environment and company culture
- Creates and manages design projects, ensuring appropriate workflow is achieved and projects are completed on time
- Produces product rendering designs and engineering calculations and takes them to working manufacturing drawings in order to move design projects to production while ensuring compatibility with Suppliers, CNC programs and manufacturing processes
- Leads and manages the engineering team by overseeing all activities including but not limited to; assigning work, setting goals and objectives, performance management, discipline, and recruiting
- Develops and implements annual Engineering Plan in collaboration with the Plant Manager and President including budgets and tracks expenses to planned levels
- Works with sales to ascertain customer needs, prepares renderings, approval drawings, and specifications required to prepare proposals/estimates. Provides project feasibility feedback and may attend sales calls on an as needed basis
- Manages the product development initiatives, tracks R&D, develops critical paths for PD projects creates and maintains BOMs, tracks project milestones, and reports on project status to completion
- Organizes and maintains design files and 3D-CAD digital file databases for all projects using appropriate Production Data Management software
- Directs and oversees capital building and equipment projects including research, financial analysis, prepares recommendations and implements approved projects
- Manages annual SRED programs claims by logging all SRED related work activities, components, and test methods used
- Plans, analyzes, implements and evaluates continuous improvement opportunities to existing equipment/processes
- Works cooperatively with other internal departments for the implementation of new processes, equipment and materials to ensure these processes are efficiently adapted and standardized
The successful candidate must demonstrate the following:
- Strong understanding of materials and manufacturing processes as they impact design
- Unparalleled attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and coaching skills
- Ability to work independently, efficiently, and effectively under pressure with simultaneous deadlines. You have to be PROACTIVE!
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Mechanical Engineering, Design, or a related field
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role in a manufacturing environment with management/supervisory responsibilities
- Extensive experience with 3D CAD Software; specifically Inventor & SolidWorks
- Advanced knowledge of BOM creation, process costing, CAD library maintenance, make-to-order business processes
- Knowledge of and practical experience in design using a variety of materials including high density poly-ethylene, steel, stainless steel, aluminum, and wood
We thank you for your interest in our position! We are committed to providing equal opportunities for persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available at all stages of the recruitment process, at the candidate’s request.