Creating less waste is our passion. Creating recycling programs that work is our purpose.
From equipment to education, we can provide a unique, innovative solution that’s able to change with our client’s needs.
We are fully committed to practicing sustainability in all of our day-to-day operations and are looking for a Packer/Shipper to join our Production team! Want to know more about our products?
Check out https://cleanriver.com/ or https://www.facebook.com/CleanRiverRecycling/
Plus, we offer a compensation structure like no other:
• Competitive salary
• A comprehensive benefits package, including RRSP matching for all full-time employees
• Vacation entitlement starting at 3 weeks for all full-time employees
• Coaching and mentoring opportunities leading to real growth
• An unparalleled working environment and company culture
The Shipper / Packer will play a key role by providing hands-on support to the department under the direction of the Supervisor to ensure workflow and timely delivery targets. The Shipper will partner with team members and cross-functional departments to ensure packaging of material, storage of finished products, and accuracy of shipment details according to associated paperwork, labels, and customer delivery requests. Logistics set-up, co-ordination, and delivery of finished products to customer with a focus on on-time delivery.
This is a full-time position which requires strong physical strength, quick response times, ability to work under pressure, and coordination skills. The successful candidate will be a Team player with excellent communication skills, attention to detail time management and project prioritization skills.
• Prepare and maintain the required documentation, bills of lading, packing list, shipping records
• Inspect and verify outgoing goods
• Affix identifying information and shipping instructions on shipments
• Ship finished products and materials to customers throughout Canada and the USA
• Review and manage backorders to customers
• Pack goods to be shipped, prepare shipments for delivery, schedule distribution of goods
• Use hand tools to create shipping crates, assemble containers and custom packaging
• Use a computer, weighing and measurement equipment to perform the job task
• Record shortages and route goods to appropriate storage areas
• Maintain assigned work area and equipment in a safe manner
• Maintain all equipment, products and ensure that inventory is accurate, labelled and up to date
• Operate power and manual equipment to the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) and Company safety standards
• Inventory management, cycle counting, daily, weekly, monthly inventory counts and reporting
• Update Supervisor on shipment status, escalated issues, and progress of assigned targets.
• Other tasks as required
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
• Min 2 years of related working experience (preferably in manufacturing)
• Forklift certification or ability to obtain certification
• Cross border (USA) shipping, customs, and broker paperwork experience
• Knowledge of standard safety procedures
• Strong knowledge in computer software and programs (Windows, Microsoft Office, database software, MRP and
related inventory control software (Seradex)
• Ability to work independently under pressure in a fast-paced environment with minimum supervision (repetitive
tasks, standing for extended periods, bending, crouching, kneeling, etc.)
• Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Strong verbal and written English communication skills
• Ability to lift 50 lbs
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 2+ years of experience of shipping and receiving experience
• 2+ years of experience within a manufacturing environment experience is an asset
We thank you for your interest in our position! We are committed to providing equal opportunities for persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available at all stages of the recruitment process, at the candidate’s request.