Currently we are looking for an experienced Product Assembler. We offer competitive compensation and benefits with an opportunity for advancement in both skills and knowledge in a flexible lean manufacturing environment.
Based in Aurora and reporting to the Production Supervisor, the Product Assembler position is responsible for the assembly of recycling units. The position is also responsible for ensuring the quality of all work performed.
- Reads and interprets technical drawings
- Assembles materials to form subassemblies and complete units using hand and power tools
- Cuts materials using routers and other tools as required
- Installs hardware such as hinges, magnetic strips, doors, screws and casters
- Sands and prepares precut materials for units. Sands and finishes units
- Ensures units are assembled to meet production schedule completion dates
- Inspects units for conformance with assembly instructions & customer specifications i.e. labels, as well as conformance to quality standards and makes repairs and adjustments as necessary
- Assists with packaging, shipping and receiving and loading of trucks as required
- Assists with operating CNC equipment as required
The successful candidate must demonstrate the following:
- High school diploma or vocational equivalent
- Experience operating a variety of hand and power tools
- Previous experience in a cabinet making, automotive assembly, or similar position considered an asset
- Working knowledge of production processes using a variety of materials that may include high density poly-ethylene (Plastics), steel, stainless steel, aluminum and wood
- Ability to work cohesively with employees and managers as part of a team
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure with simultaneous deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal & written)
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
If you are looking for a company that treats you as an individual and not just an employee number – and offers a competitive compensation package and other employee perks – then please forward your resume with a cover letter to:
Subject: Product Assembler
We thank you for your interest in our position! We are committed to providing equal opportunities for persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available at all stages of the recruitment process, at the candidate’s request.