As the world continues to be impacted by the Coronavirus Pandemic, CleanRiver is working hard to do our part and help prevent the further spread of the virus. As the world shifts and adapts to this new climate, so has our green recycling business. Our company purpose has become even more meaningful and our company mission now encompasses both sustainable and safe solutions to support the new needs of our customers, employees, and community.
“Our top priority is and always will be the health and safety of our team members and customers. We are confident that together with the expertise of the medical community, we will get through this and come out stronger.” – Hugh Caines, CleanRiver President
We will continue to #NeverWasteAMoment and constantly monitor the changing situation and adapt our recycling program strategy and response. Our Human Resources and Senior Management Team will maintain our employee’s physical and psychological safety a priority throughout this time.
Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much.
Here are some of the ways we are protecting our employees and serving our communities and customers during this difficult time.
- Formed COVID response team (HR, President, JHSC) and took action the second week of March after monitoring closely
- Had all employees who had the ability, work from home until September and then again starting in November when cases rose and our Region was put into the red zone.
- We sourced PPE for all employees and donated thousands of face masks and face shields to local hospitals. We now offer Face Shields & 3-Ply Masks to all of our customer base.
- From September to November we had a rotating schedule for employees to be in the office or working from home with contact tracing abilities in meeting rooms.
- Sanitation Stands, Hand Sanitizer and wipes available throughout the facility and at entry points.
- Implemented a new phone and videoconferencing system (Zoom) to make working remotely easier and allow more collaboration.
- Implemented return to work procedures for employees.
- Implemented digital COVID-19 screening tool (with thanks to i3 International who provided the service for free with a donation to the Daily Bread Food Bank).
- Created a procedure for commercial recycling sales reps to safely visit local clients if required (on hold during lock down of nearby regions).
- Signage throughout building reminding of COVID-19 procedures, capacity limit signs on all rooms.
- Cleaners on call for presumptive and confirmed cases of COVID-19 should they occur.
- Designated seating in break/lunchrooms.
- Tool/machine disinfecting procedures in place at the end of every shift and for every machine handoff (mandatory wipe downs of forklift if being shared).
- Production line equipped to keep employees 6 feet apart.
- Sourced cleaners for daily cleaning, twice daily when we have two shifts.
- We now manufacture and offer a new line of Sanitation Stands and Sanitation Station Solutions made from recycled content.
Looking for more sanitation tips and tricks? Check out these other blogs:
CleanRiver Recycling provides a variety of innovative, flexible, and customizable recycling solutions. To determine the right solution to meet your needs, use the CleanRiver product selector.
If you have additional questions that weren’t answered in this blog post please call us at 1-866-479-4038 or email email@example.com.