Gas Station Recycling
Contact our Gas Station Recycling Expert
Here’s 6 tips for implementing an effective gas station recycling program:
- Use high-impact images that help customers make the right choice when they go to toss their waste
- Select a container that has the capacity you need. A waste audit can help you determine how much waste you typically collect in a day.
- Select containers with rigid liners to prevent liquid spills on the forecourt.
- Locate the containers in high traffic areas so that they are easily accessible.
- Use color-coding for different streams e.g. blue for recycling, black for landfill, green for organics.
- Choose recycling bins made from weather and rust-proof material to protect your investment.
CleanRiver manufactures a range of customizable, weather-proof recycling containers that will keep your facility litter free, and divert waste from landfill.
Case Study: Canadian Tire Gas Station
Canadian Tire’s strategy is to reduce the amount of waste they send to landfill by featuring high-impact images on their new recycling stations. In addition to the media coverage, they have received positive customer feedback, and are now set to roll out the new recycling stations across Canada.