Fall greetings to all the new and old readers of the CleanRiver blog. We’re aware that most of you think of October as a month strictly dedicated to fall festivities like Canadian thanksgiving, and Hallowe’en. But there’s something much scarier than haunted house tours and spooky costume ideas covered in this week’s blog. The month of October is also Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Before we get into the Hallowe’en spirit here at CleanRiver… we’d like to do something a little different. And you can help us! Read on for more information:
Why Breast Cancer?
Breast cancer is the most common form of cancer; 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime and it’s the second leading cause of cancer death among Canadian women. While there is no known cure for breast cancer, early detection, raising awareness, and access to education, screening, and support are critical.
According to research… environmental pollution, specifically air pollution, increases the chance of women developing breast cancer. The incineration process produces emissions that contain heavy metals and harmful dioxins that pollute the air we breathe. Thankfully, commercial recycling significantly reduces the amount of waste sent to incinerators.
How Our Recycling Programs Are Helping
CleanRiver Recycling Solutions has been helping businesses and homeowners divert waste from landfills for over 30 years with our zero-waste recycling programs. A sustainable commercial recycling program can reduce over 90% of waste sent to landfills and incinerators, drastically reducing the number of heavy metals and toxins that pollute the air. For more information on why recycling is good for the environment, click here to learn about the top 5 impacts of recycling.
More Info About Recycling Charities
This October for Breast Cancer Awareness Month, we’re a proud partner of the National Breast Cancer Foundation (NBCF). Any commercial recycling bin, sanitation station, custom recycling bin, etc. purchased on our website will help with supporting our partnership with NBCF.
- If you’d like to donate directly and have no current need for any of our products (which include face masks and face shields, not just recycling bins!) Here is a direct link to the NBCF donation page: https://bit.ly/3Amlkov
- If you’d like to learn more about the non-profit organization, here’s a link to the main NBCF webpage: https://www.nationalbreastcancer.org
The Collect & Donate Approach
Here are some ways to turn your trash into cash and help raise funds to support your cause:
- By creating a recycling program with customized bins, you can spread awareness and show your commitment to any cause you want to support while continuing to divert waste from landfills. For more information on the types of recycling programs that are possible (such as a ski resort recycling program) click here for our ultimate guide to recycling programs.
- Use colourful posters and graphics to really stand out and grab attention. With great visuals, you can share important information on your cause and how your support can make an impact. The CleanRiver book of recycling graphics is a great place to get inspiration.
- Add a QR code to the side of your custom recycling bin that can easily be scanned when passing by. This can be linked to a donation page for more information on your cause and is an engaging way to connect with the community.
- Plastic and glass bottle collection can help raise funds through deposit return programs that exchange empty beer and liquor bottles for cash. By getting creative with a collection program in your community, more plastic can be diverted from landfills and glass bottles recycled at facilities and stores.
- Ink cartridges can be recycled and reused; certain companies collect them in exchange for cash which can then be donated to charity.
- Mobile phones can be refurbished or recycled for parts. By customizing your bin stream to collect used cell phones, you can donate refurbished phones to shelters or other charities. Learn more about the benefits of proper e-waste disposal here.
- While scrap metal isn’t necessarily something that can easily fit into a commercial recycling bin, it’s one of the best ways to make money that can be donated to charities of your choice. If you need help, here are 3 easy and cost-efficient ways to recycle scrap metal.
Customize Your Recycling Program
CleanRiver can help create the right bin to support your Collect + Donate program. Learn more about our many customization options by trying out our product configurator tool which allows you to customize a commercial recycling bin to your liking.
See more of our sustainable recycling initiatives in these blogs below:
- Bridging the Gap Between Recycling Sustainability and Accessibility
- CleanRiver’s Coronavirus Commitments and Actions
- 4 Waste Management Services Reduction In Motion Can Offer Your Business
CleanRiver Recycling provides a variety of innovative, flexible, and customizable recycling solutions. To determine the right solution to meet your needs, use the CleanRiver product selector.
If you have additional questions that weren’t answered in this blog post please call us at 1-866-479-4038 or email email@example.com.